HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullGrownGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

Just wondering if you guys know much about getting turbo engines registered in W.A, whether carby or injected how hard is it etc and if there is any things i would have to get done. and legal sizes of engines into gems aka 2.6 2.0 etc.
cheers
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

There is that guy with the twin throttle body V6 gemini and he has been driving that around for years in perth and it's not licenced for a V6! who cares
we can get away with it in WA so just make the most of it. Just dont drive like an idiot on the road and you'll be fine
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

its not to hard as adding the turbo improves emissions.
Best to talk to performance turbochargers in welshpool, he ahs done many conversions. but a brake upgrade will be nessacary and the easiest to do for the front is a volvo 4 spots and volvo rotors, they give a slight increase in front trrack but that shouldnt matter.
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

I've 'herd' (and remember, only heard, its not for sure) that any four can have any four, of any size, or any rotary under 2L and not have to be engineered and what not. its when u increse cylinders u gotta start doin some paperwork.
Germini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

oh, and y havent u come on my cruises??
FullGrownGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

Cheers for the help...
"oh, and y havent u come on my cruises??" Cause my car currently has no engine..
P.S what are you drivin? no doubt ive seen it round
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: txcoupe or W.A People Reply with quote

hey dudes maybe another consideration is not sure if its true or bullshit but i called the licensing center and they said u can work on engines but if the hp output is greater then 25% of the engines original hp output then u have to registor the car and engine again and if u have full cover insurance as myself be carefull as to what u tell them as they do not cover stereos over $150 and engine mods as i have spoken to them many times about this and if u do then the insurance is a monstor on a car which honestly is not worth as much as they usded to be ur paying almost 75% in insurance as to what the car is valued at. this is what my insurance stated to me so not sure if anyone is in the same boat or asked the question yet.

cheers.

are we still up for the 24th for a meet??? my rebuild has come to a holt or should i say hasnt began yet as work has interefered alot so hopefully this week i start building her. dont forget theres a yahoo group now geminiclubofwa have posted a pic of my car and once the build starts will have a section of the building process plus right ups this is abit easier for me as time on the webpage has not be given yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: