HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G180 Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: G180 Prices Reply with quote

Gemini Newb Question: Whats a fair price for a G180?
in need of a rebuild -
already rebuilt -
By the way just a short note, I have found these forums to be the best source of info etc on the net. Mainly because of the willingness to help shown by the majority of users. Keep it up you got a real friendly kick ass community happening and I hope I can be a part of it in the future. Please remember not to get too mad with newbs no matter how much we piss you off... everyone has to start somewhere and questions are the best way to learn. Cheers anyhow u guys r da bomb Smile
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: G180 Prices Reply with quote

tick, tick, tick BOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

u can pick up a g180 between $200-500 runnin or do as i did just buy shitta of a gem with one in and take it out and use it and sell parts of teh gem and make money. fro one that has already been rebuilt you could pay $400-2000 depends on what is done to it and how long ago it was rebuilt
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 Prices Reply with quote

My freshly rebuild G180 was $2500
Thats more than some people are willing to pay and some people will say that thats too expensive. But I can happily say that I got that done 2 or 3 years ago and it hasnt skipped a beat.
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: G180 Prices Reply with quote

I bought a freshly rebuilt G200 that i had to run in for $1100. That's not too bad a price compared to buying one and having a mechanic rebuild it for you. Also note that a rebuild is a more thorough version of a recondition, it's better to just pay for a rebuild than skimp with a reco.
As an added bonus, the workshop i bought it from was highly reputable and they also chucked in the manifolds, starter, alternator, carb set-up etc. I'm happy with what i've paid coz i thrash the Jeebus out of it, and have only needed to fix bolt on ancillaries - the engine itself is still fine after 2 years of zinging it's tits off.
Oh yeah, i forgot the only engine fix i had to do was a new head gasket about 6 months ago. But that was due to the way i drive it. When you gotta DrIfT, you gotta DrIfT !!! hehehe
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: G180 Prices Reply with quote

Shop around, each workshop will charge something different anyway. I had my G180 rebuilt at J&C Autos at Redcliffe and have nothing but praise for them. All up it set me back $1710 including GST. that was for a full machine job, new everything, and mild cam. They picked up and delivered the motor too.

And there are only 3 or 4 guys down there, and I think they are all 50+ years old and have worked on motors all their lives. Oh, and I also got a 3 year unlimited km warrentee.

Cheers
Greg

oh, and if you're looking at buying you can buy my old G180 (running but very very smokey) for a couple hundred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: