HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: new forum Reply with quote

this forum is great but i reckon you should have one where u can see what users are online and u can pm them...similar to ones on boostcruising.com and bomberblitz.com just some examples - your thoughts?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

thats a great idea y havent u thought of that adam and joe????????????????????????
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

ive said it b4 and i'll sy it again, open ya wallet mr moneybags!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

whats that spose to mean??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

it costs money to run those kind of forums. ie u pay for it and they will make one
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

people dont understand the costing involved!! we aint talkin ya free geocities webspace here!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

but isnt boostcruising public - no sign up there? same with bomber blitz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

yeah but the owner pays for it.
performance forums is the same.
Nick (the old owned) spent something like $7000 in 1 year to keep it runing. then sold it to Rollin for $3000. now he has to pay for it.

but MOST of the members donate $$ to help out. and also theres a few sponsers that have banners on every page (bda, rigoli bro's, rollin auto imports, etc..)

boostcrusing costs the same. just there all tight ass ricers and cant afford to donate
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

the magical pixies from happy land pay for it geez come on gene u should know that!! afterall theyre payin for ur car too!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

my bad
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

money makes the world go around
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

how true, i remember the good old days when we used to carry clubs and trade for things!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

Old bastard !

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

i think everyone would agree that the layout of this page is inferior to others on the net. I myself of late haven't been using this page recently for that reason because it takes too long with my 56k connection to get around this page.
i suggest that we find out how much exactly it would cost to set up a "flat post" forum like performance forums, boost cruising, ect.
a group of us (adam, joe, maybe gene and some other regular users) could decide if it is possible to have co-ownership and divide the costs, all those financially involved should be given admin status, then more regular users can be given responsibility as moderators.
i will ask some of my friends involved with websites design ect, and find out what i can.
please post here to pledge your support for this idea. if we give joe and adam enough support we can have our website ran excaclty how we want it.
sheels two cents Wink
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: new forum Reply with quote

ok i did some research into setting up a phpBB style forum, the same as performance forums and the like.
to design the site it costs NOTHING, then once the forum has been designed you upload it to a host, most hosts will run the forum for free as they will sell all the forum users email addresses to internet companies so they can spam the shit out of you!!
so, there is no need to be scared to renew the look of the hotgem forums, joe and adam if you read this, i am willing to help set the new forums up or do it all for you if you want, just find out if your site host will take the upload for the new forums. As i've said before anyone who supports this move please pledge your support here and hopefully joe and adam will be keen to take some action!
thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: