HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

Towards the end of the last uni semester, my gem started playing up giving me trouble. Since it was close to exams and i only had time to eat sleep and study i decided to leave it til the holidays. After a few posts on here and some advise from my 'expert' friends and a quick look in gregory's i set to work fixing the problem. started by servicing her, since she was due anyway. and then checked all the gaps and shit and did compression tests and replaced the plugs and points and fiddled with the ignition timing. this did fix the problem for a while but it quickly came back. damn i thought, so i sent her to my uncle who's a machanic and he took her apart and couldn't find anything that would cause the problems. bugger, i spent all day today going through some meaningless little things that had a one in a million chance of having anything to do with it. i checked the timing again just for something to do, and i thought the timing gun was fucked cos it kept falling out of sync or just not lighting at all. i took off number one plug lead and to my surprise nothing happened. the engine seemed to continue as it was. hmmm... interesting. went and riped a lead out of my dad's sigma and wacked it in there (forgot to turn the engine iff first, ouch). butter-bing butter-boom there's the problem right under my nose. wonder if daddy will notice if his sigma is running on three cylinders? moral of the story: don't underestimate the little things
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

hahah been there. i spend 1/2 a day ripping my engine appart cos it wouldnt start just kept winding. we looked for agers and raplaced all the plugs leads and coil (with brand new ones) check the battery, charged the battery, checked the aultinator, couldnt figure out why it wasnt sparking. after about 6-7 hours i remembered i just forgot to flick the kill swtich back

lol
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

ahahaha hey atleast if someone had tried to steal it it would take them 6-7 hours. in the early days of my gemini, the front righthand ball joint fell off and the whole thing fell flat on it's nose. i sat at a shopping centre til the early hours of the mourning trying to wire the wishbone shut to drive it 200metres home before realiseing that i had RACQ and could just ring up for a free tow!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

bbahahahaha. lol. iwould have locked it and walked hoome
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

simple things... and ur uncle whos a mechanic couldnt find the problem, hope he isnt anywhere near me...
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

i think it was more so me telling him what i had already done and what the problem was. and besides, i wasnt paying him so it wasnt like he put a lot of effort into it!
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't ya just hate it when the simple things go wr Reply with quote

hahaha, here is a funny one for ya, one of the chicks i go to school with rang me up one night laugin her ass off at herself, cos she went out with some other friends of ours, and she got in the car and the key wouldn't turn, she was freakin out hardcore, so she rang the friends she went out with who were parked like 10 cars away (she was too lazy to get out) and so they came down and had a look, turns out the steering lock was on, and ofcourse the key doesn't turn unless u move the wheel at the same time.

another time, in my absense, a mate of mine once again a typical comonwhore driver, was crusing around and they pulled up to maccas went inside got a feed and came back out, they went to leave when one of the guys relised his vk wouldn't start, so u know guys, pop the bonnet n lets have a look, they checked everything, and yet it still didn't go, then they guy that owned the car said hold on a sec, ran to the drivers door and did something, and then he started it up, THE STUPID IDIOT LEFT IT IN DRIVE!

hahaha, my mates are idiots, scary thing is i have heaps of bad driving and stupid storys like that, and most of em are about the chick in the first story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: