HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly?? Reply with quote

Why when you do anything to your own car, it never all works out nicely??

After thinking my car was going to be booked in for its rego check a month ago, and it would have about 200kms on the clock, its still giving me a nervous breakdown.
First the surge tank had a pin hole where a new fitting was put on, hence leaking fuel all through my boot. Thought that was an easy fix and would be able to run it within a few more days. Ha. Took a few more days for the guy to reweld it. The following weekend comes. Surge tank leaks again through a crack where a fitting had been over bent. Take it back for the crack to be fixed. Put it back on, finally no fuel leaks.
Refill the radiator and coolant starts leaking from somewhere near the elbow at the back of the manifold. FUCKKK!! Havent found what is causing it yet. Not the hose or clamps coz I replaced them hoping that was it. Hoping its not a crack in the elbow where the throttle body cooling comes off, or the press fit itself. I dont really want to take the injection off but if i have to then i guess i do. Ive put some hose sealant all around the area and waiting for it to set and test again.
It's like it was never supposed to be on the road.

Thats my bitch for this month.

Loz
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly?? Reply with quote

to tell u the truth, i enjoy fixing problems on my gem, it gives me something interesting too do
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly?? Reply with quote

i know how u feel man, my car tempremental, talk about selling it and it drives like a piece of shit for a while till u make it up to it by like washing it, then its all good, i think thats funny, shhhhh it doesn't know about my coupe yet! lol, its gunna chuck a shit when that comes home! lol. my gem has a mind of its own, but i can say i havn't really had many problems with it running wise, i had no fuel guage n shit for a while, through fault of my own, but now the temp guage dont work but the fuel guage does, figure that one out, but yea, my gem's a reliable old girl,

i dont mind workin on her when i get the time, but been so busy lately i havn't had time, im gunna cry when i sell her but by that time i will have the coupe on the road so i'll have a new baby, i hope that i can keep intouch with the person that buys her, so i can still see her. anyway, i think i've lost the plot so i'll leave it at that
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly?? Reply with quote

yeah rod but being able to drive it is also fun as well, especially after you drop a shitload of cash onto the thing
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt anything ever go smoothly?? Reply with quote

Thats sorta my point. So much cashish into it and it still doesnt wanna run for me.
I think it might be trying to tell me thats its not going anywhere before I put a hilux diff in!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: