HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WOOHOO! Got my first gemmie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy_TEPanVan
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: WOOHOO! Got my first gemmie Reply with quote

Hey all well I got my first gemini today I am SOOOOOO HAPPY. I waited it out til i found exactly what I wanted and I came up with a TE Panel Van..... hell yeah Very Happy Well I was just wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on the first things I should be doing to the beast, coz its stock as a rock 1.6 isnt gonna cut it. I already got paint,mags and suspension on the way, what are the best engine mods to be doing to this little puppy, try and keep em under a grand at a time if u can coz thats about as much as i can save be4 i gotta blow it.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: WOOHOO! Got my first gemmie Reply with quote

best thing man, is to save some cash and drive it round stock for a while, u can get ur wheels n paint n shit if u want, but leave the engine if it goes alright, then buy say a g180 or g200 and get it rebuilt, then u can chuck what ever go fast goodies u want in it, then just bolt it to a gearbox, i recomend u get one rebuilt, and then drop it in, have fun man, i know i will i just purchased my 2nd gem, it will be the 3rd i've rebuilt, but this one is gunna be smooth as

matty
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: WOOHOO! Got my first gemmie Reply with quote

it depends if you wanna keep the standard 1.6 engine or swap it. a g180 or g200 would be the best conversion, easiest and cheapest. firstly, before you blow any money, you should sit down and decide how much money you would be willing to spend in total and what exactly you want to get out of the car. This way you won't buy crap that you might use for 3 weeks then change your mind because it isn't good enough. You are best to save up and buy exactly what you want/need. In my opinion, get yourself a g180 and get it rebuilt, unless you find one that is just rebuilt or in top condition. then decide if u want to turbo it or not. if not get some twin 45mm carbies (might set u back about $700) and if u wanna go turbo, go for efi. work out what u wanna do, then take it from there.
whackenauffe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: WOOHOO! Got my first gemmie Reply with quote

where bouts r u from?
i have a te pano as well, if u want some pics send me an email, whackenauffe@hotmail.com i am also getting rid of a few parts, i have a bigger carbie, not sure wot size tho, plus a few other bits n pieces,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: