HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Solex Locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Solex Locks Reply with quote

I recently picked up a gemini that has solex locks in it
The drivers side is perminently unlocked and the passenger side is permenintly locked.. I cant even lock/unlock them from inside the car the bars are just tight as fuck.

I have changed locks in other cars before.. but for some reason in this gemi the U clip that holds the lock in place is a total cunt to get out... I have been in the car before when the doors were working just before my mate got a dodgy mechanic to put the solex's in. My mate has now gone overseas so I got the car off him. The dodgy fellow who put em in has also moved away... So any advice on how to fix the locking mech(remembering I cant even open 1 door) and how to remove those U clips

Cheers Guys
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

sounds like locks have been put in the wrong doors, take em out and sawp then over . mine open when u turn the key to the right.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

Mine turn to the right
but everything just does nothing inside there
and there brandnew locks...
HELp!!!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

u need to use the emergancy key. it will reset the locks. dont matter if there in the wrong doors. i perposly put mine in the opposite doors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

wat does puposely putting them in the opposite doors do????
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

nothing, i just found it easyer to hook the rods up to the locks. only thing is "SOLEX" will be upside down on the locks.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Locks Reply with quote

my door opens when u turn the key to the left and locks on the right.

check your brackets that the rod pushes into, make sure its not hitting on the door skin. mine use to hit and the door couldnt be locked or unlocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: