HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wheel stud changing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

hey hows everything think going dudes
just a few short questions
i want to change a my stud pattern to a commodore,can i just change the wheel hubs on the front and get some commodore axles customed to fit or will i have to take my hubs and axles to somewhere to get redrilled????
i also want to fit xw falcon calipars will that be hard to do????
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

y would u want xw calipers? y not far more superior calipers such as vr-vs commodore calipers? easier to source etc
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

i am using xw calipars because i have a set sitting in my garage and iam trying to keep cost down
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

the simplest and easiest way is to redrill the standard front hubs for the commodore stud. cost about 100 for the 2 hubs

for the diff just get vn axles and shortten them. cost about 110 per axle, then you will have to change the sidegears in your diff centre to 28 spline. cost about 100. you will have to redrill the drums or put commodore disk brake on the rear (article in the workshop)
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

rust3 have you done this??? I used the hubs from hoppers stoppers with the vx kit, is there enough meat to change the stud pattern on the front with the standards??? I know thats where i ran into probs with the rears, they had to weld a ring to put the 5 stud on as its larger... It was expensive the way i did it, get back to me if you wanna know more...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

nah i didnt do it. ive seen it done though. im using VL turbo front brakes and VN rear
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel stud changing Reply with quote

What size are the fronts??? Do the backing plates on the vn's bolt straight up or are you using a full vn diff??? Is there enough meat left to put a 5 stud pattern on the standard hubs??? I wish i had of known about the rear axles, woulda turned out cheaper and probably stronger too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: