HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

15inch chaser rims for geminis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

i have done a little research,rung a few wreckers and found out that in the mid to late 80's that most saabs were fitted with a 15inch 4stud multipattern chaser lookalike wheel as there stock rim and had a hubcap over the top and they have the 4x100 pattern,so all you need to do is give them a coat of silver paint and bolt them(i have just put some on my gem)you can pick up a set with good tyres for around $100-$150
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

Any issues with offset ?
eg; Lancer rims scrub the shock while wheels are jacked up.
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

i havent driven the car yet with them on but there's no problem with them when the gem is moved around in the garage but its a bar shell so when its complete i might get a problem
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

my 14 rub when the car is jacked up but thats becuase of the camber im running and the trye rubbing ont eh shocky isnt really a problem nopw is it?
gemvanman CA18 VAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

my gem van has been striped down so it sits up pritty high and at the moment theres no prob with rubbing on the panel but the shocks and sway bars have been taken off(so new better ones can be fitted)so iám not sure if they rub or not but i have seen a te gemini going around in gosford with the same wheels and it looked fine
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

i have 14's which scrub on the fire wall and also on the bottem of the wheel arch, they are perfomance brand 5-spokes.

chris...
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

if they rub on the shockers, put 5mm spacers in that should fix the problem. I've had 2 sets of camiras with 195 tires and have both had this problem, they are okay with the spacers in.

chris...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

dosnt matter if they scrub when the car is jacked up
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

i had 14inch lancer rims on mine and they didnt hit the shokie when it was jacked up. i had 185s on the front but could have fitted 195 without hitting the shokie easy. but as gene said doesnt matter if they scrap when its jacked up
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

try the old bmw e30 4 stud rims, i used to have 6 inch ones with 205s and they didnt rub or anything, and the car was considerably low
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

unless you actually like to go quick round corners, take some load of the inside wheel, the tyre comes up and hits the shockie.... not something I want to experience while driving that quick
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

I can supply 15'x 6 rims to suit Gem's, sell for $25 ech, Melbourne based, if intreseted put a post here
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

Do u have any franchises in the Gold Coast/Brizzie area that you could deliver to ? I may have a word to the post dudes to suss out what the costs would be to have them sent up. I really want these rims if they are a perf fit.
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

email sent to evljt about chasers
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 15inch chaser rims for geminis Reply with quote

could u send the e-mail again please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: