HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Welding up diffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG2L
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Welding up diffs Reply with quote

Might sound stupid to most of you but i was wondering how people weld up their diffs.I thinking of doing mine but i dont know how.Thanks guys
TX_Loon
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Welding up diffs Reply with quote

To do it you weld up your side gears to your spider gears. however as a mechanic i wouldn't recommend it. its better to spend the extra and get an lsd or a spool
TG2L
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding up diffs Reply with quote

Thanks for your help TX.I was just wondering if you could help me with a few other things since u r a mechanic.I'm 16 and just got my first gem.It's a TG with a SOHC G200 with weber and extractors.One problem I have is with oil.It had an oil breather on the rocker cover but that blew oil all over my engine bay,especially after a real thrash.One guy told me to make a return pipe back to the carby so i tried that.Now i had to tune it so idles at around 1700rpm and now it runs like shit.Also it lacks the power that it should have,i thought maybe the rings were gone but it doesnt blow any smoke so i dont have a clue.Its also got a rattly timing chain,is this hard to change?If i have to get it rebuilt(which i was thinking of doing) could u maybe recommend some good parts e.g.pistons,cam etc.

Any help on any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
p.s. sorry about the long post
TG2L
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: TX Loon Reply with quote

Thanks for your help TX.I was just wondering if you could help me with a few other things since u r a mechanic.I'm 16 and just got my first gem.It's a TG with a SOHC G200 with weber and extractors.One problem I have is with oil.It had an oil breather on the rocker cover but that blew oil all over my engine bay,especially after a real thrash.One guy told me to make a return pipe back to the carby so i tried that.Now i had to tune it so idles at around 1700rpm and now it runs like shit.Also it lacks the power that it should have,i thought maybe the rings were gone but it doesnt blow any smoke so i dont have a clue.Its also got a rattly timing chain,is this hard to change?If i have to get it rebuilt(which i was thinking of doing) could u maybe recommend some good parts e.g.pistons,cam etc.

Any help on any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
p.s. sorry about the long post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: