HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

suspension, mags and a g200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: suspension, mags and a g200 Reply with quote

few quick questions

how do i lower the gem legally. i know about that 100mm legal limit in qld shit, but a few mates for their dunnydoors got super low king springs and kept the original shocks for now. can i do this on the gem? would a white line sway bar help?

mags, i know the offset on a gem is a slut and a half of full cream slut, but which mags actually fit the gem, like makes and models? i've asked a few places andall they have is REALLY shitty ones

and a g200. just the SOHC carbie engine. where the fuck in queensland can i source one from? these things are rarer than a rare thing. and caus i'm doin a tafe course on automotives at the mo, it would be awesome to get one and whack it in for free

one more quickie

i got a quote for an exhaust system.

4 -1 tuned extrtactors to a 2 1/2 madrel bent mild steel pipe to a sports exhaust, probably something like a turbo or something. $440. or with stainless $660

any good

cheers guys
Andrew
ps, sorry bout the rant
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: suspension, mags and a g200 Reply with quote

thats damn cheap for exhuast
i got extractors from pacemaker tuned lengthed for $250 and 2.5 inch for $250 so $440 is a bargin
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension, mags and a g200 Reply with quote

i got a set of tuned extractors, 2.5" sustem (presbent) and a turbo muffler for $360

dont waste your money on manderl bent system for a n/a car. not need for it, pressbent is enuff, u wont gain anything from manderal (on a n/a)
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension, mags and a g200 Reply with quote

exhaust price is a little over priced (se other reply)

yes u can us the stock shock, but it will be a crappy ride and they wont last aslong

iv seen about 5 g200's for sale on here over the last week. and if u bother to pick up the trader there was a few about 1-2 weeks ago in brisbane. if u wanna find something u have to look. watching tv isnt looking.

the offset issue is CRAP i dunno why ppl cry about it. a gemini offset is the same as almost every FWD car. pulsar, excel, exa, older BMW etc the list goes one. u ask for the mags u like with a gemin ofsett and they will orderthem. its bullshit when people say gemini offset is hard to find good mags.

i went to bob jane for my mags and said what fit a gemini, they said pick a mag u like and we can get em for a gemini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: