HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

xf carby setup and turbo suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

hey peoples, wazs curious whether anyone has done a xf carby setup on the g180, i heard that they give some extra power and good flow, if anyone has done this sorta setup any suggestions on how hard or if its a straight bolt on, have the adaptor plates just had no time to sit down and nut it out, was told that the linkages may be difficult, so pls do tell if you have done this and if you can what i need to do before i pull the car apart.

also with turbos does anyone know of a decent yet not expensive way to setup a turbo or even a supercharger as i have one already but was told the pipe work may be expensive say over 1000 which could be spent elsewhere. the supercharger is good as it is geared pne so i can turn it on and off when needed, so any suggestions on these topics would be great

thanks

have a great nite peoples
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

The so called $1000 for piping that could be spent elsewhere... well you will never get as good a power gain spending $1000 on anything except forced induction. Its simply the best place to spend money.

If you have the adaptor plate for the carb, then all you need is to remove the throttle disc from the nikki, and bolt it on the weber. Then you need an air cleaner. It is a straight bolt on.

As far as cheap turbo kits and supercharger kits, keep your eye on the for sale forum, they pop up all the time. You should get some turbo/supercharger books so you can learn whats involved in fitting a turbo, etc.

Ben
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

Hey i am looking for the weber off an XF for my freshly rebuilt and worked G180. What size are the ones on the XF compaired to the 180 holley? How much cfm do the XF webers flow?
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

ive got a 34adm (of a XF) on my g200 now.
and im 100% satifyied with it
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

how was it to setup?
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: 34adm on G200 Reply with quote

Any bogginess down low on a stab of the loud pedal from flooding ?? Most likely not if your 100% content wit it.
What jets etc are U running ?? Does the adm stand for Automatic/electric choke, Downdraft, Mechanical secondaries.

Danka
MrGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: xf carby setup and turbo suggestions Reply with quote

how easy is the cobversion??? do u need to muck around with the linkage of like throttle and all the cabling and stuff or can u use the origanal cabling???? any methods of how to do it like a step by step guide as im hopefully getting it done this weekend and my mechanic funny enough has never done this conversion.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 34adm on G200 Reply with quote

I'm running a 34 on my G200, tuned properly she runs sweet as. This carby is ample for a street application on a fairly well ported/carbed head.

If you're going for big numbers, a 38dgms of a v6 capri would be better or twins.

Drivability is good, cold starts aren't too bad either, i stripped all of the choke shit off of it before i put it on. I had it rebuilt and then jetted to suit on the dyno, where it made 112Kw. Nothing crazy but it works well enough.

Mooch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: