HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

remote shifter console??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: remote shifter console?? Reply with quote

i have a remote shifter in my tx and was wondering what i should do for a console? the extra large hole in the floor is driving me nuts!! espeacialy when speeds around 100kmh are reached the piece of carpet sitting on the shifter fly's up and heaps of hot wind and dust blows in my eyes.
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifter console?? may help?!?!? Reply with quote

To tell u the truth i have had absolutely no experience with remote shifters so i got no idea if this will help u??! This is wat im currently doing, u may get sum ideas u may not, worth a try anywayz. peace

http://rhsnapshot.topcities.com/1.JPG
http://rhsnapshot.topcities.com/2.JPG
http://rhsnapshot.topcities.com/3.JPG
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifter console?? may help?!?!? Reply with quote

good idea. that should be easy for me im an installer. i can even fabricate one out of fiberglass.
i was just seeing if there was any consoles from doner cars that might bolt in.
thanx for the pics
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: remote shifter console?? Reply with quote

If you have a nice neat carpet then you could buy a speco shift boot kit. It comes with a little vynil boot and you just bolt it to the trans tunnel covering up the hole nicely. It comes with a chrome cover as well and it bends to the curve of the trans tunnel easily.

To seal it off better you can put a rubber shift boot under that and seal it to the car with sealant.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: remote shifter console?? may help?!?!? Reply with quote

the import geminis ZZ models came with remote shifters from the factory...

i could get some pics of mine but since its a TX it would look different and odd anyways with your dash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: