HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

i've got the gem running and rego'd, that motor is tuff. but i've gotta swap to pulp cos its pinging its head off on unleaded with the timing set at 0 degrees atdc. must have nearly 11:1 comp. goes hard anyway, still running it in at the moment though. having other issues too. gotta swap the diff over cos this one howls like a wolf at 40k's onwards. the rest is sorted tho. hopefully have it sorted for the club meeting on satdy. i'll keep yas posted.

take care and keep on truckn, greg.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

I was gonna mention that Yobbo has a TG diff,

but that is somebody elses now,

I have a TX diff you can have for $10, and ill help you pulll it out,

I got my Stanza Rego'd today also, I sold the PV, but kept the wheels

regards
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

sweet as greg. i was runing it on optimax and every 3 or 4th tank leaded. i know the compression was as high as a kite(hahah) becasue the dude that i got the head of said it was shaved a touch and tehn me uncle gave it a light shave to get it perfect when the engien got done. ive got another diff hear that was in my car but thats nearly stuffed come and grab it if ya want. Forgot to tell ya me uncle said to run the engine in for about 10 000km. i think i did about 2-3 000km. but u can still give it a boot full but dont take it past 5000rmp just to be nice to her. gotta catch up wit ya one day dude
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

hey greg will u be on the next cruise
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

yes i'll be on the next cruise for sure. your uncle actually said run it in for 1000k's, but i was sure that sounded wrong. luckily enough i've kept a few spares for the gem at home and have a complete diff setup. so cheers anyways. should be putting it in on the weekend.

keep on truckn greg.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: gem yobbo, carlos, the elkinator the rest... Reply with quote

sweet clock up those kms quick so i can race ya Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: