HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its called

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its called Reply with quote

i want to get rid of it, anyone done it, well i knoe people have, i know how to unbolt it, but what do you do with the rail thing with the 4 pipes going into the head...the raa guysaid this thing makes ya car backfire so i must get rid of it soon, cos mine backfires a lot. thanks
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its called Reply with quote

ur not talking about the polution crap like theres one from the sump then fuel line one goes to air filter and so forth?
cause if u r cops would kain u if they seen that, not that they wont root u for somthing else but it just fuels there fire.
have u checked the timing and so forth? like how much oil u have in the engine that can make it slosh and back fire a lil fuel filter air filter?

cheers and luck with fixed the problem keep us posted on it
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

just cut the fan belt to the pump
you get the littl ebit extra power like 1or 2 hp lol
and if you get pulled over just say the fan belt snapped a couple days ago and you getting a new one

i took my pump off but lef tall the piping and just blocked all the small lines up
urinalcake
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

i thought only the tf's and onwards only came with it... theres one way to get around it if you get bustted Razz
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

haha ive got a the sump breather going into a fanta bottle that catches the oil then when she fills up i pour in back into the rocker cover............ waiting for the cops to c that baby theyll love it
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

sounds like a legit mod
you got the bottle mounted if sounds sounds good to me
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

What about if you have a tf/g head in a earlier pre-pollution model like a tc? are u still required to run the polllution gear?

Nick-
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

nah i wouldnt think so if the car didnt come with polution gear it doesnt need it
thats what i was told
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its calle Reply with quote

just remove the belt to the air pump. i had the same problem with my corna, it was backfiring bad. no belt no problem. get heaps more out of a tank too.
or
if the head is stock fuk it off and get a pre-polution head(worked) and extractors and remove all evedence of air pump like the braket and shit.
the other thing yous are talking a bout is the sump and tank ventilation that just reuses fumes and gases in the sump and breather lines.
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its called Reply with quote

There is no legal way of gettin rid of the pollution crap. I had a TE with a G200 in it and it had all the pump and bullshit on it, and i got defected cuz i didn't have my standard airfilter anyway cuz that was a pollution control problem i also got EPA'd which is Enviromental Pollution Act or some bullshit like that. And when i went to get my car checked the epa guy said that even tho my car did not come out with that pump standard i still had to have it on because that certain engine did have it. So basically what that means is, whateva engine ya put in u have to run all it's factory pollution components. I say do what i did, fuck it off, cuz then atleast u'll go harder for a while til ya get pulled ova if ya do that is.
cheers, sorry about the long arse post.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Air Pump - Anti Pollution - whatever its called Reply with quote

But if i put the Non pollution head on....whos the wiser? just looks like another stock G161.

Nick-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: