HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

suspension strength?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: suspension strength? Reply with quote

At the moment in my little project I'm going about stiffening up the whole chassis/suspension setup. I was just not too sure of what can be done for chassis strength. At the moment I have just got the welder on to the top of the shocker towers (I have seen these crack before) and seam welded along the rails and the lower control arm mounts, not sure if this would help at all just thought it wouldn't hurt with a very rigid suspension setup.

I was just wondering what could be done just for the sake of strength and rigidity?
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: suspension strength? Reply with quote

Turn the car on it's side, Manufacture some rails to suit the stardard gemini ones and weld them in and also weld all the seams/spot welds
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: suspension strength? Reply with quote

adams making up a few interesting control arm braces for a few of us. should be interesting to try out when i get mine Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: suspension strength? Reply with quote

Full roll cage, you want chassis strength thats the best way to do it. I know of an ex rally gemi my mate wants to get rid of with a cage already set up, i don't think he wants much for it, everthing else is stripped and the bodies fucked, but thats the best strength option...
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension strength? Reply with quote

I don't really want to look towards a roll cage as it's a bit of a sleeper and it's not going to be all that legal so I don't really want it to stand out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: