HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Not HAPPY!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

Ok call it RICE i dont care, but i had to try it formyself, i bought a new coil pack, 8mm spark plug lead and spark plug, mounted the coil in my boot drilled a hole in the exhaust and mounted it just before my RICE cannon at the back, obviously they dont generate a constant spark so i added a push button switch just before the coil from the 12 volt source, so by hitting the switch repeatedly it generates a spark(much cheaper than adding a distributor), now it all worx but it isnt igniting the gasses resulting in NO FLAMES,so i am getting a spark but no damn ignition, as this setup only costed $36 and an hour and a blunt drill bit i am not to bothered bout the monetary waste but i wouldnt mind some flames to pfove this theory work, can neone suggest wot's frigging up?? neone tried wot ive tried and had success??

Cheers all u

Brent
peanut buttered
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

As the fuel in the gas has already been burnt, as you said your not going to get ignition from the exhaust fumes. I've been told only way of getting the "flames out the back effect" is to run a fuel line to the exhaust tip. I've heard people doing this though haven't seen it. I really don't want to say anymore seeing its so dangerous.

flame crazy peanut man
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

my opinion....

if ya wanna see a flame, go buy a lighter.

if ya wanna see smoke, light up a cicarette
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

either that or drop the clutch...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

or set a stray cat on fire (smells bad though)
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

Ne other helpfull opinions that arnt stupid and dont involve setting small fluffy creatures on fire???(no offence Kev).
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

Ok i have a suggestion, i've seen a friend do it in his ute. While driving say 50k's turn of car, pump the accelerator which pumps fuel, which goes into exaust then turn ya ignition on and pop it in fourth and see what happens. usually results in loud bang with short flame out exaust, but also could result in new muffler as this has blown his muffler to shreds if it has baffles in it. Mite work good with a straight thru muffler. Worth a try i reckon, altho i wouldn't do it, dont like the idea of having to replace my muffler.
happy flaming!!
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: This should work Reply with quote

I',e been pondering over your question. OBVIOUSLY you want your car to burn all the feul that it sucks into the cylinder so there wont be fuel anyway in the exaust. i was thinking that you could hook up a sealed canister of setaline (sort of like metho but burns differently, same stuff street preformers use to blow fire) it is relitivaly safe if you can seal it in a metal container that wont leak/spill. hook it up to a small pump (dicksmith's $14.50)just like the one in the windscreen wipers through a nice peice of copper piping if you can get ur hands on some. run that to just before the spark-plug set-up you got. put the button switch in between the pump and the battery. also you can get a capacitator set that you can install too that will make the spark plug spark slighty (but enough) anywhere from every few milliseconds to one or two second intervals. put some sort of spray nozzle on the tip of the pipes end and the exaust should push it out. dont forget to put in a one-way valve so that the flame can't climb the pipe! i know someone who used setaline (not sure on the set-up) and it made some nice blue flames out the tail pipe!

THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESTION, NO REPONSIBILITY TAKEN FOR HOW SAFE THIS IS.

Get it checked by someone who would know about that stuff before trying it thou, it works in theory!

Hope it helped!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: This should work Reply with quote

do not run any flamable liquid there.
1: it would flood the spark plug
2: it would be a piss "squirt flame"
3: it would get sucked up to the fuel tank and blow the car up.

i think its becausst u have it b4 your muffler. its drowning the flame. your ment to have it after the muff' but that would be a bit hard on a fried rice cannon
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

this will kill ya muffler pritty quick tho
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

try somethign like a switch that attached to a screwdriver that will turn or mixture screw. turn push the switch and it will run as rich as a millionair. or have another fuel pump or something
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: This should work Reply with quote

i ment to add that bit in, you wanna put it all at the tip of the exaust AFTER the muffler. And no it wouldn't be a 'squirt flame', granted if you did it in open are it would create a flame like that but since you are pumping 100ml's of setaline a minute and spraying it into the exaust tip, the power of the flow of exaust gases will speed up the mist of setaline and cause it to be pushed out the exaust and you will get a blow-torch looking flame.

as i said earlier, it works in theory. you can get pressureised bottles of setaline that you hook up on top or below of you exaust that give quite a nice little flame but are expensive to refill.

as for 'it would get sucked up to the fuel tank and blow the car up' how?? it would have to make it all the way up the exaust back through to a cylinder through the exaust valve out the inlet valve and back up the fuel like fighting the power of the pumping fuel. highly unlikly to damned impossible if you ask me. even if it did happen to suck some setaline into one of the cylinders, it would cause no problems because it would be just like putting metho in your fuel tank to burn off water.

As for
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

okay inpsector gadget
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: This should work Reply with quote

i was talking about if u run a seperate fuel line or "setaline" line. the flame can suck back threw the line to the bottle of flamable's. never said it would go back up threw the engine
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Not HAPPY!!! Reply with quote

go go gadget screwdriver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: