HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Paragon alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

I own a 1982 TF model gemi and have just got a paragon alarm system that im in the process of installing... to hook up one of the wires i need to connect it up to a fuse that always comes on when the door opens ie; the door light.. i need to find where the fuse for this is and also where the fuse that comes off the battery is..
(has a red wire coming from siren with a toggle switch)
help would be pretty good rite now
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

HAHAHA I just came on here to post the same question except I am getting the alarm from Jaycar. I have a TF and there are no rear door switchs so how do you fellas fit an alarm to operate when the rear doors are opened? Or does opening doors set the shock sensor off?

Cheers - Josh
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

because when the light comes on it means the doors have been opened... which sets the alarm off so needs to be connected to fuse for light cause power runs thru it to turn it on when those buttons on the doors are triggered.. but not sure exactly.. i got a hell of a lot of wires the instructions dont tell me about
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

there should be a negative wire you can use or also a positive wire... depending on what you intend to connect... i'm not sure which one you want at this stage as i haven't connected the door wires in my setup.

as for rear doors there are no electrical components connected to these doors in a standard gem.. so if you wish to connect the alarm to the rears as well an aftermarket product will be necessary

cheers

Ryan
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

yea like you need to have central locking
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

So in other words i need rear door switchs?
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Paragon alarm Reply with quote

the central lockings only so you can open with remote.. dont worry bout it other wise... has anyoned one an alarm instal similar to this and may be able to help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: