HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WHeels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirGem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: WHeels Reply with quote

i have a set of polished camira rims (obviously they are 14") and they seem to rub on the inside . is this normal or is my car fucked??
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WHeels Reply with quote

are they rubbing on teh handbrake cable? ive got 13" camira stockies on the back, and the weight on the rim was rubbing on the handbrake cable. i got the rims and tyres for free, so we just knocked the balancing weights off the inside so they dont rub anymore
SirGem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: WHeels Reply with quote

the rear wheels are fine, its the front wheels that are rubbing.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHeels Reply with quote

you are probably having the same problem i am, i have 13"x7 and the front rub on full lock, and its not hitting the guard, its hitting on the suspension set up inside, if you jack your car up more than likely u wont be able to turn ur front wheels, ne way take them off you should be able to see what they are hitting, they way mine seemed to stop was let ur sister drive ur car and forget to tell her not to use full lock and she will wear a groove in the rim from it rubbing and u wont have a problem! or you could just file a little bit off ur rim,

they rub because the inside of the wheel comes to a like a 90 degree corner rather then being rounded down like some wheels are.
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: WHeels Reply with quote

i had camiras on my td just b4 these rims and the front rubbed a bit aswell nothing to make a worry over but still a lil and they where thiner than the rims i got on now i got 15 by 6.5s billets and there sweet as
kill the camira rims if worse comes to worst
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: WHeels Reply with quote

Camira rims are not meant to go on Geminis. Unless you get the steelies and shift the centres. The offset is wrong. End of story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: