HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Camber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fat_82x
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Camber Reply with quote

Duz anyone know how much it would be to change the camber on wheels or to get an ajustable kit??
thanx
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

do u mean angle the wheels? or to change the offset?
fat_82x
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

angle of the wheels
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

u can get slotted balljoints.

What u could do is to get two upper control arms and file the balljoint hole towards the back of the arm and elongate the bolt holes. this gives u more camber. Adam and i have done this. adams look better though.
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

seems like a pointless excercise, yes, while negative camber is good... on race cars, ur daily driven gemini doesnt need the extra wear on ur tyres.
Look from the front of ur gem gem if the wheels look like this:
/ \ u have negative camber(most cars have 1 or 2 degrees negative camber as per standard.
\ / is positive camber(very bad, get it fixed)
fat_82x
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

The only reason i wanna change it is cause the tyres are pretty close to the guards and i got dun once for them rubbing just thinking of ways to fix that
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

back to ur question i dont knwo the answer but heres somthing that may help to get an adjustable camber for a vt commadore its 320ish so yeah id say a fair bit cheaper on the gems.... i plan on doing a full supsension kit with them

cheers bud
fat_82x
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Camber Reply with quote

hmm well im just gettin ideas up cause its getting awfully close to the guards
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

My gem is running a shit-load of positive camber, i think it may just be that virtually all the suspension is rooted. Springs are soft-ass originals, so are shocks, ball-joints are stuffed, tie rod ends have play in them, steering rack feels loose, you get the point.
Do you reckon a simple aftermarket spring/shock jobby with new ball-joints and tie-rod ends will bring it back in line ?? Or does it need more major surgery like control arms etc...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Camber- Kmac KITS Reply with quote

$500 kitted. adjustable 10° or 15°?? each way, + and -
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

Yeah the KMAC kit is the thing to get, it has eccentric bolts on the lower control arm, if you lower the car a fair bit they tend to get a bit of postive camber. Pedders did it for me for $500, it does give a lot better handling, and no you don't need ridiculous neg camber just a degree or so...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

whiteline recommend 5° on the left and 4.9° on the right (drivers weight will add the extra 0.1°
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

so they'll fit it n everything for u... i just need to get the wheels away from the guards... and also the right side it closer than the left... but i guess thats anotha subject all together
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

sounds u have the wrong offset rims anyways.
i have 17x7.5 on the front with 215 tyres and it dont rub at all
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Positive Camber Reply with quote

you got 17s? ha mad... i got 195's... i swear somethings wrong :S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: