HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brand new G180!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Brand new G180!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys... After 2 months I finally got my new G180 in and she runs sweet. I took it for a wrap around the block and it's got a shit load more toque than the G161. It also sounds a heaps deeper than the old motor. Anyway question is the old 1.6L ran at 72degrees and the new one is sitting on about 95 degrees? Is this because she is tight or would it have anything to do with changing the sener unit on the manafold??? I have a new electric VDO gauge...

Thanks

Josh (WA)
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Brand new G180!!! Reply with quote

most "new" engines u will find will run hotter because in your words shes tight. it shouldnt have anything to do with the sender under on the manifold.

as all new tight things make sure its well used go easy on her and then in time u can go as hard as u want Smile
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Brand new G180!!! Reply with quote

Cheers dood, I got it all balanced when i got it rebuilt so she should go dandy! i just gotta take it for a huge drive next w.e until then it can stay in the shed =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: