HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

A little advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: A little advice please Reply with quote

Sorry to double post but I need some advice fairly quickly and everyone missed my last post it seems.

I'm selling my DOHC engine in kit form basically, with everything needed to get it up and running.

Not in a huge rush to sell, its in the trader this week for $1700 ONO. If it sells then fine, if not I will keep it and get it running once I save up some money.

Basically selling due to the need for some money and I won't be able to afford to finish off the wiring/tuning of this setup for a while (apprentice wages suck). A small portion of the funds generated from it if I do sell it may go toward chucking 2nd hand g161 in the car just to get it going, since I'm driving a corrolla (more rust than car) at the moment Razz

"Everything" Includes :

- 2L Isuzu DOHC (g200w) Motor and Injection, complete and running in excellent condition. Good compression on all cylinders, no weird noises and plenty of power. Recently had a new headgasket and shaved head. Injectors recently cleaned and spray pattern tested, all good. New Pod filter and intake. Comes with starter motor, exhaust manifold, reco alternator, etc..

- Gearbox, excellent condition, smooth and very firm gear selection. Once again, in perfect running order with no leaks or strange noises. Heavy duty clutch also.

- Electricals and Computer. Micotech digi2pro fuel and ign computer with near new loom ready to be wired up. Comes with all the sensors and connections you will need. Sensors have been recently checked and reco'd or replaced so they all work perfectly. Also have electronic dizzy, new ign module etc...

Reckon this is a fair price ? To buy everything seperate you would probably be up for a lot more. I'm not out to make money here so if it seems like I am asking too much then please do say so.

As I said before I am looking to get around $1700 for the lot, but am negotiable to an extent.

Advice please ?
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A little advice please Reply with quote

u said it recently had new head gasket, were did u get the gasket for, i need a full gasket set for my G180 twincam
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A little advice please Reply with quote

The head gasket was redone just before I got the car/engine so I'm not sure where the dude got the parts.

I would say that he would have got it done through just gemini spares in sa. I guess its just a matter of ringing around, failing that you can always get them hand made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: