HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Engine Advice Reply with quote

Hey guys, a few months ago i hit a pole front on in my gem. Came outta no where i swear!! Ne ways i haven't really looked at the engine much but did notice that my timing case is cracked and mounts are bent, so the engine looked like it's taken a bit of a hit. The advice i'm after is, whats the best way of checking if the engine is ok without tryin to start it and without having to pull off my head seeing as all my gaskets and seals are not even 6months old dont wanna have to replace to much things. I know this seems like a stupid question, but if there is another way of doing it, then that would help me a lot. If not then i'd appreciate the best option to finding out if it's ok or not. Really sorry about the long arse post, but i couldn't explain it ne shorter.
thanx, steve
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

grab a 24mm i think socket and turn the engine by hand from the crank shaft, if it turns ok then your in luck if you feel scraping or knocking stop and you might have to pull it down and have a good look
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: