HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GEMINI TURBO KIT - BOLT ON BOOST!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: GEMINI TURBO KIT - BOLT ON BOOST!! Reply with quote

Please email for further info and pictures.

email address is: wight@giant.net.au

Readvertising before putting on ebay.

Holden Piazza turbo kit, designed to bolt onto a Gemini (models TX-TG) or other isuzu G series single overhead cam engine, as found in Rodeos and Jackaroos. However it can also be bolted onto a non-turbo Holden Piazza engine.

NOTE: will even bolt onto a TE!

Kit comes with EVERYTHING needed to fit, except for Engine management computer and loom. As the title suggests, its a bolt on kit, you wont need to take bits away to get the modified, of go and buy extra bits.

The IHI turbocharger is water cooled and obviously designed for a Piazza 2 litre engine, which makes 110kW (150hp) or 135kW (180hp), depending on model, and a stump pulling 225Nm of torque in standard tune/boost, which I believe is 7psi. Thats more than twice the power of a standard Gemini 1600cc engine. Its also the same amount of torque as Nissan FJ20 and CA18 turbo engines.

I believe this turbo would support around 150-170kW when running sufficient boost, intercooled, and with a good exhaust system. Though others may feel the turbo would be maxxed out at a lower power level.

The exhaust manifold, although a factory item, flows reasonably well. I am using one on my own car, along with similar equipment as below, which makes over 300hp.

Kit includes:

Complete Piazza turbo EFI inlet manifold, plenum and throttle body.
Piazza turbo injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and dampers.
Piazza turbo Pierburg fuel pump, rubber insulation boot and new ryco efi filter.
All high pressure fuel lines and hose clamps required to fit to standard Gemini.
Adaptor from 5/16" stock Gemini pump outlet to 1/2" efi pump inlet.
4 x longer replacement studs for gemini head to suit efi manifold.
Throttle position sensor, efi water temp and standard Gemini water temps sensors fitted.
Piazza turbo exhaust manifold.
Piazza IHI turbo with internal wastegate and all oil and water fittings.
Factory cast dump pipe with provision for oxygen sensor.
Exhaust adaptor for easy connection of dump pipe to existing exhaust pipe, probably about $30 worth of labour for exhaust shop to fit.
Oil supply and drain lines, with all fittings and hose clamps required.
Gemini sump with oil drain barb fitted.
Water lines with tee pieces for standard gemini heater hoses, with all hose clamps, etc.
Mandrel bent 50mm aluminium cross over pipe with necesary rubber joiner and hose clamps.

If you would like to use the original points dizzy and a fuel only computer, I can supply a modifed mechanical advance mechanism to regraph your distributor to suit the turbo.

I have not used this combination, so it is sold as is, but I can add the following:

As can be seen in the photos, I have pieced together the kit myself, and know the condition of every piece. Where possible, components have been disassembled, inspected and cleaned, then reassembled.

The turbo has very little shaft freeplay in both longitudinal and sideways directions, and spins smoothly. The seals look good as there was no sign of oil in either the compressor or exhaust housings.

The efi manifold was quite clean internally and the injector spray patterns also looks good. Pump works, maintains pressure well, system pressure 40psi from memory.

Asking $950 for the lot.

Please email for further info or photos

wight@giant.net.au

Ben Wight
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI TURBO KIT - BOLT ON BOOST!! Reply with quote

NOTE: will even bolt onto a TE!

hahah love it
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: GEMINI TURBO KIT - BOLT ON BOOST!! Reply with quote

Hey sorry I didn't answer your question in your previous thread so i'll post here
Have a look at this site
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sabitori.com%2Fjreast%2Fdatabase%2Fspec2.html&lp=ja_en&tt=url
It's got the same specs for the two turbos except for the cooling.. I've got an air cooled turbo as well as the compressor and bearing housing of a blown water cooled one and they seem to be the same size compressor atleast, maybe the difference in power is from tuning? 135kw could be tuned for 100 octane jap stuff, the 110kw one we got here runs on 92 octane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: