HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rotar gemi info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

i want to put a 13b in my gemi as my twin webber 2lt is not enough. any info or experience? im one of those those guys who like to do it all/most my self.
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

firstly i hope you have a shitload of dosh, secondly you'll prolly fucken die, cos you'll go hardcore and work the shit outta the engine and the power difference is incrediable, im not sayin dont do it, just do it slowly, or drive carefully, and for advice on that you should prolly talk to elky, he's currently doing one, putting it in a coupe, there is more involved than u think, but hey man have fun, i would love to do somethin like that but cant afford it

if you do do it, im interested in the 2L

matty
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

what do you want it as? N/A or turbo? as crazyndisturbed said talk to elky...and you will need alot of money for it, and engineering a turbo or even an N/A rotary will be too much money and pretty shit when you could probably go a 2.6 rodeo....
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

u can only put a 13b n/a in a gemini legaly
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

as gene says plus its too much of a cunt ad will end up costing ya shitloads. if u got cash to spend y not pick a engine e.g g200 DOHC or a SR20 and work the fuck outta it
pazzo_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

having second thoughts now! i might swing the 2.6 way. my fisrt prefrence would be a 308 but for some reason its illegal here in melb now(i think) wich is bullshit! if you can put a 454 big block in a torana why not a 308/253 in a gem? ive thought of the lexus 4lt v8 but theres not enough available for them eg. cams, manifolds ect. this is an important factor because im insane(pazzo italian for insane) and i want to go the single turbo v8 way. imagine that, 800 odd ponies at the wheels in a gem!!!!!!sory i started drewling on the keyboard!
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

hey insane italian, contact gemsu in clayton they have a 2.6L for sale wif evetything u need to bolt into a gemi..
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

any conversion into a gem of the rotary/sr20/ca18 or anything else of a different manufacturer is gonna cost to do it right. For simplicity of fitting get a 2.3 rodeo and whack a big fugger puffer on it (2.6 will be picked up by the rta on their puters if u fit it if it has been rego'd b4. the 2.3 and 2.6's look the same) these motors are basically bigger piazza motor's and will bolt where a piazza was fitted. all u need is a diesel crossmember and left hand engine mounts.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: rotar gemi info Reply with quote

"all u need is a diesel crossmember and left hand engine mounts"

for what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: