HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

This Holden Piazza turbo kit is designed to bolt onto a Gemini (models TX-TG) or other isuzu G series single overhead cam engine, as found in Rodeos and Jackaroos. However it can also be bolted onto a non-turbo Holden Piazza engine.

Kit comes with EVERYTHING needed to fit, except for Engine management computer and loom.

The IHI turbocharger is water cooled and obviously designed for a Piazza 2 litre engine, which makes 110kW (150hp) and a stump pulling 225Nm of torque in standard tune/boost, which I believe is 7psi. Thats more than twice the power of a standard Gemini 1600cc engine. Its also the same amount of torque as Nissan FJ20 and CA18 turbo engines.

I estimate this turbo would support around 150-170kW when running sufficient boost, intercooled, and with a good exhaust system. The turbo will support this level of power on any sized engine, with smaller engines requiring more boost to reach the same power level.

The exhaust manifold, although a factory item, flows reasonably well. I am using one on my own car, along with similar equipment as below, which makes over 300hp.

Kit includes:

Complete Piazza turbo EFI inlet manifold, plenum and throttle body.
Piazza turbo injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and dampers.
Piazza turbo Pierburg fuel pump, rubber insulation boot and new ryco efi filter.
All high pressure fuel lines and hose clamps required to fit to standard Gemini.
Adaptor from 5/16" stock Gemini pump outlet to 1/2" efi pump inlet.
4 x longer replacement studs for gemini head to suit efi manifold.
Throttle position sensor, efi water temp and standard Gemini water temps sensors fitted.
Piazza turbo exhaust manifold.
Piazza IHI turbo with internal wastegate and all oil and water fittings.
Factory cast dump pipe with provision for oxygen sensor.
Exhaust adaptor for easy connection of dump pipe to existing exhaust pipe, probably about $30 worth of labour for exhaust shop to fit.
Oil supply and drain lines, with all fittings and hose clamps required.
Gemini sump with oil drain barb fitted.
Water lines with tee pieces for standard gemini heater hoses, with all hose clamps, etc.
Mandrel bent 50mm aluminium cross over pipe with necesary rubber joiner and hose clamps.

I have not used this combination, so it is sold as is, but I can add the following:

As can be seen in the photos, I have pieced together the kit myself, and know the condition of every piece. Where possible, components have been disassembled, inspected and cleaned, then reassembled.

The turbo has very little shaft freeplay in both longitudinal and sideways directions, and spins smoothly. The seals look good as there was no sign of oil in either the compressor or exhaust housings.

The efi manifold was quite clean internally and the injector spray patterns also looks good. Pump works, maintains pressure well, system pressure 40psi from memory.

Asking $950 for the lot.

Please email for further info or photos

wight@giant.net.au

Ben Wight
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, am in Ballarat, VIC. Can COD anywhere, probably cost between $25 and $35. Pics are very self explanatory, easy to see what you are getting!

Ben
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

send some pics to jarradgotbeef@hotmail.com if u can
cheers
boogagem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

hey could you send some pics to timh321@hotmail.com
cheers boogagem
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

newers1@optusnet.com.au

cheers
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

can ya send me the pics too thanks. Sam
Horsman1@hotmail.com
crazygemiowner
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

cheers send me some pics.... send to sutcliffe_64@hotmail.com
Menace
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

Send some this way

menace355@hotmail.com
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

philcoss@yahoo.com
cheers
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: SOMETHING TO ADD Reply with quote

I dont want to take anything away from the origninal post, though i highly doubt what you wrote.

"I estimate this turbo would support around 150-170kW when running sufficient boost, intercooled, and with a good exhaust system. The turbo will support this level of power on any sized engine, with smaller engines requiring more boost to reach the same power level"

I highly dount the turbo could make these figures you are quoting. I have a piazza 4zc1 engine, and from doing quite a bit of research, i find your statement to be a little incorrect where you quote the power it could make (150-170kw). These turbos run out of puff above 10-12psi and anyone wanting to make the quoted power should look for a bigger turbo.

Dont get me wrong, it is a great turbo, though i dont think you should be telling people it can make this sort of power without the proof - its a touch misleading.

Cheers

Anthony
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMETHING TO ADD Reply with quote

forgot to mention its a great price for this package!
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SOME PICS PLEASE Reply with quote

AS ABOVE,
VERY INTERESTED
PSI_GEM@HOTMAIL.COM

CHEERS
Rodavo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

Very interested

rodavo@tpg.com.au

thanks
low12s
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

can you send the pics my way it sounds just like what i'm looking for.
cheers
luc_e_phill@yahoo.com.au
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini/Piazza turbo kit - bolt on! Reply with quote

quiksilver@tpg.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: