HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

suicide door+bootlid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

has any1 here fabricated sucide front doors or bootlid? or any1 got an email of sum1 that could give me advice? i'm only doing the front doors bonnet and bootlid and i'm fabrictating struts underneath the front frenders so they full lift up so u can see under the wheel arch. Just need some advice and tips on suiciding the front doors

chris...
logem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

i got quoted 900 bucks a door and that was the cheapest i was also going to do mine but then the price put me off bad! and my mate that modifys cars! said its too hard of a job for him to do so i guess i am not getting sucide doors
Sad

but i am going to give it a go myself on a shell that i have and see if i can do it! if i can i will speak to you about it!!
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

yeh the rear doors would b to hard cause of the wheel arch, would it b as simple as swapping round the hinges etc, the measurements would have 2 b exact, or the door wont align properly, shave the locks and use remote keyless entry. I have some good mig welding skills so i wanna give it a go. will take alot of paticence tho, tell me all your info as i am only in the brainstorming stages atm.

chris...
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

the bootlid will b easy, just put hinges at the slope end(hinges similar to those of the doors) once again shave the lock and use a boot release which will be moved 2 the rear window end.

chris...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

dont do that to the front 1/4's will be homo
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

U could try Drago Ostric of Sefton Smash Repairs. His Gemmi wagon had'em. Have a look in the video section of www.fastfours.com.au
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

Whay the hell would u want a suicide bootlid!!!??
If the car has practical use: eg putting shit in the boot, then it would make it totally impossible! And even if it wasnt a practical use car: eg all stereo in the boot, its heaps easier to look in the back of it anyway.
highway driving would be fun if the boot did pop up. another thing, how do u intend on holding the boot up when its open????
pretty pointless i rekon, just my op though
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

also when theres water on the car and u open the boot all the watter is gonna piss in the boot cos it opens the wrong way
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

gas struts maybe? i like the initial idea of the reverse opening bootlid, but why would you bother? whats the purpose?
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

maybe its goin to be a show car. if its not, then i wouldnt even bother
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

Sorry, what r suicide doors and boots?
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

doors and boots that open the opposite ways. I dont see the point of the boot and bonnet, but doors mite be worth a try. About the boot, it'll be a bitch cuz the back end of it is almost a 90degree angle so u'll have to come up wid a way of making it lift up b4 it opens or something. I seen a site somewhere with a kit for lambo style opening doors cost around $1500US so ur doors alone will cost more then ya car. Not very practical but fuck would be sweet seeing a gem like that for once instead of some rice bug.
cheers.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

nah bootlid would b piece a piss, doors will b hard but i cant wait to do a cruise and remove my self from the car via suicide doors, fark a few jaws would drop. Yes its gonna b 4 show, its also having most of the roof cut out like that rick ludgates gold tx gem. the bootlid would win hell votes 4 innovation at shows.

chris...
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

any1 got his email?

chris...
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: suicide door+bootlid Reply with quote

It's all about the wank factor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: