HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Best Power Gains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

Hey guys i was just wondering what the best and fairly cheap powwer gains are for a 2lt. I was thinkin of puttin a pod filter on, a bigger carby on it and extrators. I was also thinkin of lightening the fly wheel. Just wonderin what kind of things work best? Maybe a lumpy cam?
Cheers
15psi
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

Do the exhaust system first, then save up and get EFI cos it kick azz!!
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

All of those things will give ya extra power over stock. I'd recomend puttin a 32/36 webber on. They go hard on 2litres. Betta then standard nikki ne ways. I've got a lightened fly wheel in mine, revs betta i think so thats worth it and also get it balanced. If your gonna do anything to the cam, might aswell go all out and get the head ported and polished and shaved. U will definitely notice a difference.
cheers hope this helps.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

firstly, do the exhaust/extractors. personally i wouldn't bother with a 32/36. they came off a 2 litre in the first place so it isn't really that much of an upgrade. if you really want to get some decent power, it might be worth saving your money and buying some twin carbies. might cost a few hundred dollars more but it would be worth it. you could also get your cam reground, that is pretty cheap but if you do that, you may have to upgrade your valve springs. there is plenty of stuff you can do but i recommed starting with getting some second hand extractors (much cheaper) and an exhaust.
all the best.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

my G200 has got a 2inch exhaust off my 4:2:1 extractors running off a 34ADM webber (the size above the 32/36 that is which came off a XF falcon) a 26/68 cam, and by changing your engine&transmission oil too new performance stuff also really makes a difference...

at the moment this really kiks ass!

for the future i wanna get a worked 1600 head. also a set off twin carbs... and im not so sure how much off difference a lightened flywheel will make??

but yeh
Sarge
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Power Gains Reply with quote

Can anyone help with the pricing of these -
Ported polished and shaven head.
32/36 webber.
twin carbs.
lightening and balancing a flywheel.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: