HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

sound good what do u think
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

hey ok does this sound good i can get a t28 turbo with ext wastegate water cooled all manifolds made and fitted to my Td coupe for $1400 and it should produce between 220 and 250 horsepower at the flywheel. the lad that can do it has done a few rotors one with can run 10.8. is this a good deal
and its on a g161 carb fed.

please let me know what u all think
thanx Reece
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

SOUNDS GOOD
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

Sounds like your wasting your money man.....
a t28 is a sweet turbo.. but there is no way your g161 will put out enough power to use it to its potential.. for $1400 you could buy a recond g200 and a toyo supercharger thatdbe heaps better then what the t28 would put out on the standard engine..
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

If $1400 is 'drive in drive away' then it's a damn good price for the horsepower predicted. But.... Can your engine take it ?? Has the bottom and top end been built to take advantage of the huffer, and most importantly has it been strengthened at all ??
Lastly, since you are getting such a good deal on your turbo set-up i would recommend looking into fitting E.F.I. Maybe the same dude could fit and tune it all for you when its together.
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

my motor has just been rebuilt from ground up bout 10 000km ago. i dont know a great deal bout turbos but to get one fitted 4 that much with that srot of horse power sounded not to bad. the g200 and supercharge idea sounds good but then i have to get some one to fit the supercharger. that same supercharger was put on a wagon near where i live and this lad i knew could beat the wagon in his coupe with a 1600 with twin webbers big cam all the stuff it shit on him thats sort of why i dont want to supercharge it
TDFlaredCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

i said that to him bout my engine being able to handle it. i said id want to build another motor just for turbo he said it would but im not sure. he had a turbo on a mini it used to fuckin hammer floged the piss out of it it was standard it held up still going now so yeah. thought bout e.f.i but then theres another $1500 $2000 on a good computer.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

True, thats alot of funds for a comp especially seeing as though an aftermarket jobby would be best. Maybe keep the E.F.I in mind for a later date when the wallet fattens a little more.
The mini's were built pretty strong back in their day, he could have also made the engine last with his right foot. I've seen a few engines rebuilt to standard specs running insane horsepower due to forced aspiration, but they lasted as the owners didnt drive them into the ground. As Ali G puts it R E S T E C P (respect) the engine and it'll last.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

i highly doubt u will be runing 10's for $1400
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

anyone can make a car fast. but u wanna make it fast AND reliable
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

thats right every1 has 2 spend as much as u dont gene
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

kiss my ass. i never said that

do u think PAC performance would spend a minimum of $30K on every one of there cars to have them runing 9-10 seconds when u can do it for $1400? i dont think so.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

u buy a 308 or any 8 for a couple of hundred and put it in a billkart and im sure u will do it in 10 seconds if u even make it 2 the line
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: or.. Reply with quote

u could get the worlds smallest petrol motor and but it in the worlds smallest car but u would prolly b doing hi 11's by then
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

1500-2000 for an E.f.i conversion on a standard gem??? shit dude i paid $150 for mine hahaha.... if your gonna get another motor to do a turbo on.. why not just sell the motor u got rite now and get a g180 dohc or something that mite have a chance with 28psi boost... if you dont want to do that then why dont u consider putting a lower pressure turbo onto the engine.. like a gt15 or a 4zci turbo.. and changing the head with something like a g200 head.. if your just after some good burnotus theres a g200 for $200 in brisy rite now... they would put down the torque and the engines are pretty reliable.. i dont think the g161 would be worth your time...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: sound good what do u think Reply with quote

308's are poo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: