HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP- water leaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

hey all,
i'm getting water leaking into my gem comin in at the passenger side footwell, above the kick panel. i can't see exactly where its coming from. its not from the windscreen. it seems to be from up inside the top off the scuttle panel(in front of the windscreen) or from the side quarter panel.
has anyone had this problem before?
any ideas as to the source of the leak??
sheel out
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

check where the windscreen wipers come through the firewall, then check the 2 bolts which hold the gaurd in place from inside, and then check where the wire for the arial goes through the body. i'd put my money on the arial hole...

catchya

knobby
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

dont you hate that
i drove mine the other day no shoes and i felt wanter dripping on my feet

just ignore them and makle sure you sell your car in summer
gem on dubs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA um... we all have these probs... so unless its rust (hope not) check any seals, grommets and the like
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

i'm not sellin da car!! no way. and i'm sure there is no rust in there the car has always been garaged and never had rust.
thanks for ur tips knobby my arail has been removed from the quarter panel itself so i'm willing to bet that the grommet hole where the arial came through hasn't been plugged up. i'll check it in da mornin when i have good light!!! thanks
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

not a worry buddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

i think it ur heater mate if anything
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- water leaks Reply with quote

It comes through the grill in front of the windscreen. fibreglass it up and bog over the glass and respray that pannal and no more water leaks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: