HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Custom Centre Console

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

I'm going to attempt this in my TD sedan. Any suggestions, tips etc = greatly appreciated. This i what i am thinking of doing(Soz about the shit picture)

http://rhsnapshot.topcities.com/gemi/console.jpg

I was gunna cut the 2 pieces of wood for either side, then i need something to curve down the top of it. I was thinking thin mdf 2 or 3 mm or some sort of plastic. Mentioned to me was sheet metal but i thought the reflection would be unbareable!! i was thinkin cover the whole thing in black velour. the shifter would be cut down and u can see how it kind of looks straight but that line is actually where it goes. the part with the gauges comes down fairly steep, so that it becomes flat on top b4 it gets to the shifter.

now those blue long oval thingy's are actually like frosted glass or plastic and inside the whole thing there is a blue neon. and the 4 red switches on top (for different things). the 3 white things are gauges. I measured where the cup holders would go and i dont think they are going to fit?!?! but who knows. THe big question - how am i going to attached it to the top o' tha gearbox? How r the normal ones attached? coz i can't see any screw holes or anything. Well if u've read this dribble i thank you and hope u reply with ideas and shit.
whackenauffe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

i dont have any idea's but i can reply with alot of shit,Razz
ummm, my only suggestion is be careful with defects, regarding the lights in cabin area, not sure if it is defectable or not,
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

Yeah im having a switch to turn all the lights on 'n' off, actually i might have 2. U won't actually b able to c the neon unless its on. anyways we'll c wat hapens
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

i have blue neons under my dash which shine up from my checkerplate floor mats and the cops didnt seem to care about them when they looked one night cause the neon itself wasnt visible only the glow from it was
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

fuck some people are useless in regards to answering a simple question!!!!, dude, the standard gearbox cover/boot/trim thingy, screws onto 2 brackets one behind and one infornt of where the gear stick comes through the floor pan, and i am pretty sur there is a third one towards the back of the seat where the standard centre console screws in. try finding some of these brackets, and than maybe make a frame with some really small metal, go some mega thin ply over the frame, then cover that in velour, and she'll look pretty schmick i reckon, good idea hey, i think someone else has already done somthing like this, but i couldn't be bothered going looking for the pics, they'll be in one of the gallerys.

anyways man, hope i helped.

catchya

knobby...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gem on dubs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

ok, first thing you wanna ask yourself is,"how far am i gunna go with the interior?" then you can make your real plans... as for the neons, what part of OZ are you? QLD or NSW will eat you alive for em, anywhereelse you should be fine (depending on how tight the local constabulary are)
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

im on the sunshine coast qld , they dont mind much up here except for the under car ones
toymachine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Centre Console Reply with quote

I'm in NSW. im gunna try an do it so u wont b able to see it unless its on (or u take the console out). with a switch somewhere pretty handy hopefully i'll b right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: