HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pistons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Pistons? Reply with quote

does anyone know where i can get some pistons with a valve relief cast/machined into them as my cam is to fucking big and my piston crowns are to thin to flycut to the depth required. someone out there nust be running a drag cam with big compression so what pistons are available. any rodeo items maybe?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pistons? Reply with quote

I'd say your best bet would be to talk to ACL, the probably sell some fly-cut pistons...
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pistons? Reply with quote

How do you know how deep you have to make your valve reliefs? What procedure have you used to measure it all up?

Ben
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pistons? Reply with quote

well the cam is a fuck load bigger than stock in duration and lift. i have to dummy fit it yet with blutac or plasticine on the piston but the cam is recommended for compressions over 10.5:1, so there is the situation i think i will be up for some high compression valve relief pistons if i can get some. the cam is an ivan tighe item, its the 354C the specs are on the website www.tighecams.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: