HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Burnouts in gemi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemicrusier
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

just wondering does anyone have the same trouble as me. When i bag it up it never smokes and i keep it goin till 3rd and befor u say get some power first i do i have 113RWHP. So i thought it might be tires or maybe the fact gemis are so light in the back??? Any tips would be good and it never leavs black marks. So whats the go??? And i do this in a safe legal enviroment.

Thanks
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

Yeh...
what your doing is wrong, you need to hop off then grass when u do it and you have your foot on the wrong pedal...its the one on the right, not the brake (middle)

"it never leaves black marks"
well maybe you should put some wheels on your rims or stop doing burnouts in the rain

hehehe
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

i bet ur clutch is just slipping
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

Ha Ha funny but sriously it never leavs marks and never smokes and that on bitchaman in the DRY.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

are the wheels even spining??
i woudl say there not and your clutch its slipping hardcore.

do u get a real grose smell after?? if so thats ya clutch sliping
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

are the wheels even spining??
i woudl say there not and your clutch its slipping hardcore.

do u get a real grose smell after?? if so thats ya clutch sliping
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

opp sorry bout the dbl post

"gross smell" for the politcily correct
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

oh the wheels are definetly spinning thats for sure. maybe i just have to hold them longer?? But i seen my mates van leav black straight away and smoke and its stock. So beats me maybe spinning to fast???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

faster the better
cheap tires by the sounds of it
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

there nangkang or some thing like that apparently there ment to be quite good tires. u think maybe the fact i got no weight in the back could be part of the proble??
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

no, it'll be the tyres themselves, depending on the compound they might not smoke it up... does it leave a black dust crud shit? If so, just the tyres
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

not at all
my 1st gemini
stock 1600, 4 speed. left marks with pov 30 tires

cant see why its not smoking. u should get a mark straight away and smoke pritty musch straight away
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

oh well guess ill just keep wearing them out and get new ones maybe a set of pusuits for the weekend would be fun:)
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

wtf no smoke or black marks....how can it not smoke if u sittin there doin a standstill...wat does it just spin on the ground with no friction could be the bitumin u doin it on...mine smokes as soon as it starts spinning...could be the clutch as sum1 alreadyy mentioned...haha wat a piss off ay
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnouts in gemi Reply with quote

yea my tf leaves nice black marks all up and down my street.. why dont u try ripping up the handbrake when yoru going fast in a straight line and see if ure tires leave a black mark then.. mine even leave a single line mark (damn not being lsd) when i lock the brakes.. so i dont no whats wrong with ures mine only has efi on the standard motor..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: