HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Going to buy a gemini..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Going to buy a gemini.. Reply with quote

Ok, I'm a long time reader, first time poster Smile

Anyways, I'm going to buy a gemini as my first car, probably either a TE,TF or TG. Now when I get the trading post this thursday, I'm going to start ringing people in the trading post up and asking some questions to find out if it's worth chasing up on the car(I don't want to travel to the other side of the city to find out it's a heap of crap..).

I've already found out alot of info on what I should look at when I go to see the car but I'm just wondering what I should ask them when I ring up? So if anyone could be helpful enough to tell me some questions I should ask the sellers and answers I should expect for a car worth while chasing up on(such as how much km is to much?..).

Also anyone have an idea at what I would be looking at paying for a gem thats, mechanically sound(something that wouldn't cost that much to fix, so that it could be roadworthied) and body with no rust?

Another question, should I take the car to RACV, to have it looked at? Is it really worth doing that? Mind you I'm not really good at fixing cars and since this is my first one, I don't know if I'll notice something wrong that's obscure to the untrained eye.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help, really appreciate it and hopefully I'll be a gem owner soon *crosses fingers*
hoTDwagon
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Going to buy a gemini.. Reply with quote

Ask what colour and any body work damage, i went to look at one the other side of town and it had a fat dent in the side and the bloke was like " Oh i forgot to tell you about that on the phone" door handles also diddnt work on it i left him too it.

Have fun lookin.
urinalcake
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Going to buy a gemini.. Reply with quote

gday, i found this site and thought it was pretty cool. http://www.geocities.com/geminihomepage/ "Oz Gem", i know you said you know what to look for but might have something else you dont know?? cant hurt anyways

Once youve found the car you want, and it looks pretty decent i would reccomend getting hte RACV (is it the same as RACQ??) to check it out casue they find a heap of stuff that you wouldnt know about it. like mechanically and also structually. And they give you a nice report to detail it(Roadworthys only do saftey stuff like if its gona fall apart today kinda thing)

good luck, hopefully youll have a shiney new gem soon Smile
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to buy a gemini.. Reply with quote

Hey,
how's it going, i take it that you are in Melbourne. my gem is up for sale at the moment. It's a TG and its only had one owner, and has done about 140,000. I've spent about $6,500 on it so far and i'm selling it for $3999 ono. I've got some photos so if u wanna take a look or if u wanna know more about the car, email me at delts69@hotmail.com or add me to your msn messenger.
Cheers,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: