HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Double Valve Springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

Just wondering if the TX - TD heads came out stock with doubble valve springs? I got a Big valve head for $20 and it has 2 valve springs per valve! I was wondering if it came out stock like this or is the head worked?

Another thing can I grind out the blank for the fuel pump and use my cam or do i need an electric fuel pump and a pressure regulator?

Cheers
TEX
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

pretty sure they would have come out with 2 springs per valve, as they did in the TE. i own a TG and they only had one though. you can grind out the blank for the fuel pump, but it would be easy to replace your fuel pump with a early model electric fuel pump. should be able to pick one up for around $25, and you don't need a pressure regulator. however you may need to source a inlet union of another nikki while you're there (your carbie probably has one line for fuel) not sure if you need this return line, as i'm currently running without it (thats due to me being lazy and busy with exams), but it can't hurt. wiring the fuel pump up isn't too hard. grab a relay while you're there and see if you can wire it up to your ignition. mine is wired up to the on position. hope this helps some.
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

If I wire the fuel pump to a hidden switch then when some fucker tries to steal it they will only get 50m down the road and have it cut out... But I would forget to switch it on!
Do you mean a EFI fuel pump or is there a low pressure electric fuel pump?
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

Low pressure...
Brands like Facet, Carter & Holley are popular. I have the Facet item in my sedan, the rep told me it was quiet but it rattles like a cold epileptic skeleton. Tried a few things to shut it up, but no-go.
Try Autobarn to start with, then go from there.

Live Fast, Die Sideways...

P.S, Most posts in here about the double valve spring issue state that the 1600 was fitted with them standard. I'm guessing it was only the pre '82 engines as i have also read in here that peoples TF's and TG's aren't fitted with them. But nobody knows the entire history of their cylinder heads unless they are original owners, so springs 'could' have been changed to single during a reco somewhere in it's life.
Smokey
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Double Valve Springs Reply with quote

any gemini TE and before, are fitted with an electric fuel pump. it fits directly on to your fuel tank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: