HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gold_gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Help... Reply with quote

ive got my subs and amps in my boot accept there is nothing between them and my fuel pump/fuel tank. what can i do to make sure i dont blow up if some dickhead smashes into the bak of me? cause ive heard this is dangerous according to a guy at QLD transport, do i need some sort of firewall? also, wats a good way to secure a sub box down.

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Help... Reply with quote

whats the difference with a sub and say.... a shovel u bought fron the hard wear or anything u put in your boot. your not gonna blow up.
just put a piece of MDF there to board it off.
your amps and box should be fixed to the floor anyways.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help... Reply with quote

I think he was more referring to the fact that electricity travels thru subs & amps. Hence, having them next to a fuel tank is making him paranoid.
As Gene said - make up an MDF board & fit it to the brackets that are already there. Besides making you feel safer, it will also tidy up your boot a bit. Gemini boots need all the tidying they can get.
gold_gemi
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Help... Reply with quote

yeah true, they do need it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: