HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door removal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Door removal. Reply with quote

Could someone who has taken there doors off tell me what i need to get those damb pins out, I read the R&D and all i got was a bitch fight about using bolts instead of pins. (A good idear, allways replace with better stronger parts.)

What is the tool called??

What size do i need??

Cheers.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

u can weld 2 bolts to gether into a T shape and use it to knock the pins out
u can also buy a door pin puller fron auto barn or repco etc.. and pull the with that.

buy replacement pins from repco or holden
or u can use stainless bolts instead
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

i used a door pin puller, they have differant size ends for universal use. then i just used the same pins, which i just knocked back in with a piece of square rod and a hammer, cos if you use just the hammer it is too easy to scratch the paintwork.
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

Too easy, I don't have a welder Sad, so I'll get a door pin puller.

Thanks for the info. I'll work the rest out myself.
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

Just got off the phone to Repco, They have a unversal door pin installer and remover $49

Does this sound like the proper tool, Why didn't u use it to put the pins back in GEM 160??

ALSO - any1 in melb have 1 they want to sell cheaper then $49.

TA.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

Yes use a door pin puller. Basically its like a long thing rod with a heavy sliding barrel on it.

You put the rod through the pin and screw on a small sleve on the end of the rod and basically use the momentum of the heavy weight to pull the pins out. I recommend soaking ur pins in CRC or something a few nights before, sometimes they rust and become a bitch to get out.

Also I would use pins when putting the doors back on. Buy VB-VL commodore door pins. They are cheap, fit perfectly and easy ot install (just tap em in). The result is a door that sits perfectly with no sag.
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Door removal. Reply with quote

Yeah that price sounds about right i paid $46 for the ABW door pin remover. It came with 3 universal ends for different sized pins and works a treat. Trust me buy the tool it will save you heaps of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: