HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door Handles/ locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoTDwagon
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

does any one else have problems with locking their doors? what other setup of door hanles and locks will work on a td?
like commodore ones or something?

Cheers.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

i have a TX Coupe and the only thing the key won't open is the passenger door... would be nice to have it open everything 1 day...
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

just go with a remote central locking then get rid of the locks and then just keep the doors smooth Razz its the way to go
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

what is it with geminis and the passenger door side never working? lol
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

I hear solex are good. (think thats how you spell it)
they are the locks which use a round key.

Anyone use them, are they any good?
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

yeah i got them, They are good
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

nah i don't want remote locking... coz if the battery shits itself.... u can't get in....
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

and how often does that happen?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

on my current car I have solex's, they are good except they will rust/rot a lot quicker than standard locks because there is no little flap like normal locks to stop too much water getting in.

On my project car, I am going to only have the driver's door with a lock on it, with electronic for the passenger and boot. I will probably use the ghl locks, which are the same as solex's, except they have a different bevel/surround.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

Rip off your inside door card and have a peek inside.

Older gem door insides are surprisingly simple. All the lock does is basically flip a simple lever over on the door catch that disengages the catch release. Its connected via a wire rod, so if you key does nothing theres a good chance the bloody wire just fell off !
hoTDwagon
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Door Handles/ locks Reply with quote

hah will do, i want to get my trim done anyhow. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: