HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pics Of My Gemini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

Finally I got off my ass and scanned some photos of my car. There were too many so Ive only put up some from the beginning middle and the nearlly done car.

What do you people think?

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/gemini/index.html
Gem_A9R
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

NICE, Very Nice. I have a Soft Spot for Piazza Turbos, I love them. Regardless on what others say.
Be good to hear how it goes.
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

any more pics of the engine, wanna see the turbo set up, all the engine etc.

Can we get some details what uve done to the engine.
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

doesnt look to be a piazza engine to me, just using the piazza injection? Am i right?
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

Hey Loz

Car looks sick man.

Give me some more detailed specs on the engine and front brakes.

Cheers

Sime
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

the front brakes look like volvo four spots and vented discs and the engine looks like a turbo g161?
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

Very nice!

What are those rims and how much did they set you back? Smile
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

For those who have never paid any attention to what I have done to my car it is pretty much as follows.

G161 stroker, G180 crank, custom argo rods, forged pistons, hi vol oil pump, dynamically ballanced, o-ringed block, 60" copperhead gasket, Stainless valves, 38mm ex/44.5mm in with 3 angle job, ported and polished to the max (including full deburing and smoothing of combustion chambers), heavy duty springs, custom grind cam.

Piazza injection, electronic ignition, 10mm leads, Mircotech LT8, custom (albeit basic) exhaust manifold, GT25/28 400HP turbo, K&N filter, custom garrett cored intercooler, 13B injectors, custom dump pipe, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, supra pre pump, surge tank, VL turbo hi press pump, 3/8" fuel lines.

5 speed gemi box, H/D clutch (solid centre), standard diff centre (I do have a proper locker though).

Every bush is urethane, 2.5" lowered springs, sports shocks, whiteline rear sway bar (front was already painted so it stock for now), adjustable rear panhard rod.

BMW 7series 4-spot calipers (bigger pistons and larger pads than volvos), EBC pads, 288mm audi discs, rear drums with endless shoes.

GTi seats, recovered dash, retrimmed doors, hoodlining, rear seat, decked out boot, battery in boot.

Everything else not mentioned is new.

So there you have it, my car in a nutshell. I didnt realise I had done that much until I started to write it down, and that is just the condensed version.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

Rims are AME Pridas. 205/40 R17 tyres. I bought them along ages ago when they first came out and there difinatley wasnt a set on a gem. I still dont think there is though as none of the big places have ever sold them for a gemini.
They are genuine AME'so they were pretty exy, but now they should be a fair bit cheaper.

Loz
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

who painted it?
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Pics Of My Gemini Reply with quote

how much were they???
they look awsome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: