HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

13bt conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

My car has just had a 13bt dropped into it, with everything ready to go except for the exhaust and the computer. To put the motor in, it cost between $2300, $2500 (you need to supply the front cut) If anyone is interested send me a message and I will give you the details. matsparkinson@hotmail.com
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

I didn't think you could get a 13bt engineered in a gemini in queensland

*shrug*
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

u cant.
but i think he has a rodeo?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

hey dude im keen on this conversion or maybe a CA18-DET but anyway can ya send me all ya info cheers man, Horsman1@Hotmail.com
kappa
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

$2500???? for a 13b turbo conversion? thats fuken cheap as to convert my Rx4 coupe its around $7000 engine,gearbox,aftermarket computer,ignition coils,custom wiring loom,front mount intercooler,exhaust,gearbox mods modifiyed tailshaft is your conversion with wiring it up,making the mounts. i havent heard any1 that has ran the standard computer with success if any of that makes sense
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

gem 160 I am sending you an email. Check with Transport department b4 going ahead. There is also another gemini there with a 13bt transplant. He has done a really professional job, will have some pics in maybe a month (when I can buy a camera)
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 13bt conversion Reply with quote

$2200 for custom engine mounts, custom gearbox mounts, shortened shifter (about 10cm)cut throughtrans tunnel and welded up old hole, small firewall cut to connect hydraulic clutch setup, clutch changed from mechanical to hydraulic. Clutch and flywheel installed, shortened and custom fitted tailshaft, radiator hoses connected, custom sump, some other things can't think of them just now. Need a custom exhaust manifold ($200) and dump pipe ($200) buying a microtech ltx8, already got top mount intercooler. All up should be around $4000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: