HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: Reddez and others with VX brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: ATT: Reddez and others with VX brakes Reply with quote

Hey,
Just wondering if you have any trouble with the vx brake kit and the +10mm offset it has? What size, tyres, offset are yours? Do they scrub at all now? Have you had a chance to actually test the brakes yet? What sort of performace do they give? Any other info you can think of is sweet,

Thanks,
Jus
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Reddez and others with VX brakes Reply with quote

Performance of the brakes is far better than the standard gemi ones, but derr on that... I do believe that i could get a better feel through a firewall brace, it has some flex, and better pads wouldnt hurt, but otherwise im quite happy with their performance... Havnt experienced any fade yet, but i havent put them under enormous stress yet, so thats still to come. The offset on my rims semi compensates for the brake change in offset, i think theyre only 5mm out, wider and only with a full car on full lock has it ever scrubbed, and even then ever so slighly, i have 205/50/17s on it and its lowered two inches too. I had a prob when i first tested them which turned out to be a bent stub at the front, but with help from hoppers ive countered that, otherwise they are a very simple and straightforward kit to fit up. The XB master is easy to fit also, changing the brake lines from the proportioning valve to the master is the only other thing required on top of the lengthening of the push rod, so really unless you run into probs you should be right...
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Reddez and others with VX brakes Reply with quote

Cool, so you are saying that your wheels were only 5mm out in the first place from standard gemini offset, and the extra 10mm the brakes give hasn't given you any troubles?
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Reddez and others with VX brakes Reply with quote

No the wheels wouldve been 15mm out in the first place, but they are commo ones, so they wouldn't fit till the kit was fitted, so i was hoping pretty bad they would. Otherwise the 10mm hasn't given any probs, empty car and lock to lock no scrub, full car on lock will produce very slight scrubbing. However it is a cheap way to increase track width, which is a performance mod in itself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: