HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Clear Side Indicators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

Anyone know if of any clear side indicators that will replace the normally orange ones on front fenders of a TD.

No, I'm not ricing up my car. My car is white with the odd bit of chrome and the orange indicators just don't look right. Clear ones would be much better.

So are there any that fit without modification of the panel ? I tried VT indicators but the current hole is too big Sad

Even something the same shape as the originals, cept clear would be nice.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

are the ones on the sides of toyota echos any bigger than the vt's?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

try a new carolla
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

New corollas are small squares, wayyy too small. Echoes are bigger anda slightly pointier shape then VTs. Tried the AU falcon clear indicators? they fit perfectly on my TC

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

the fit straight into the gemini holes???
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

Youre talking about the 1/4panel indicator yes? They did on my gemini, only problem i had was with the rhs gaurd. Some time in its life its been involved in a stack and some1s replaced it with a non-genuine panel so the holes abit bigger on that side.

They also fit on my TE without problems, at first they feel abit loose but they wont fall out, and if your worried about that just use abit of rubber sealant or something to hold them in.

Anyone know of a replacement for the clear parkers/orange indicator assembly in the front apron? wouldnt mind a clear one of them, as i reckon the orange section looks stupid
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

sweet.
AU is what year??
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

Heres the fucked bit : series 1 AU's didnt have clear, same shape except orange, some series 2 Au's had them and others didnt, Series III did have them.

Should also point out that the AUII used orange globes, whereas the AUIII have a little orange hat within the indicator so you can use clear globes. They also plug into the stock gemini indicator loom/plug.

Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

so if i went to ford dealership parts dept. and asked for AUIII indecator lenses then they would know what im talking about Smile
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

clear vt ones fit as well
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

They don't fit without modification of the gaurd, the hole is too big.

I will check out the AU ones tho, sounds good !
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Clear Side Indicators Reply with quote

exact opposite with the rb, the hole is too small so had to do some minor surgery to the plastic on the back of the light
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: