HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Mild cam advantages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Mild cam advantages Reply with quote

ive been searching for advantages of mild cams but can find anything so does anyone know wat the advantages,power increase would be on a g161 60 thou over extractors and 2inch exhaust would be, everything else is basically stock.
thanx
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mild cam advantages Reply with quote

it might rev easier and shit between 2000 to 6000 and this cam is good becuase it starts at were the revs drop when u gear change
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mild cam advantages Reply with quote

would it be better to save up and get flat top pistons and other stuff to make a real noticeable change
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mild cam advantages Reply with quote

they have flat tops standard... in fact raised
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mild cam advantages Reply with quote

I am running a 0.5mm oversize G161 with Weber 32/36 DGV, Genie extractors into 2 1/4 ex, reground cam. I noticed that it revs much more freely, doesn't run out of puff up top, and has more midrange as well. The G161 isn't a torquer so don't be surprised if you still have to slip the clutch and go for a bunch of revs to launch quick.

I also had a little bit of head work done, mainly a cleanup and a fair shave. I estimate around 9.5:1 compression, maybe a tad more, and I run on PULP.

Get a little bit of headwork done, install an electronic ignition (mine was $25 from a Rodeo or Jackaroo). Try and get an adjustable top timing gear if you shave the head, as it can throw the cam timing out.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: