HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

car paint colour URGENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: car paint colour URGENT Reply with quote

yeh hi i need to touch up my paint on my tg, its like that rusty gold colour. i need to know the exact colour for a touch up spray if anyone know what its called or the number of it.
thanx
wez
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT Reply with quote

go to a good paint store and they should have a little computer thing that will match your paint nearly exactly. no use finding out the colour of your paint cos it will have faded over time and will show out. you can get it in just a small tin or if you are really seriously touching it up then you can get it put in a spray can. again, its no use finding the original colour of your car if it is a different colour all together now.
all agree

baz
maxpower
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT Reply with quote

Plate in engine bay should have colour number on it if its origanal
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT Reply with quote

if its the colour i think it is, its Holden Contessa Gold.

Cheers,
Matt
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT Reply with quote

check the plate if its original man, and boostin u cant make a colour not stand out if u try n match a new tin of paint to one that is faded, its still gunna stand out dude, so i dunno where u got that idea from, but u can get em to match it in the way u said, but its a hell of a lot easier to take the paint code down and it will take em 2seconds, and the colour wont differ that much.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: ahh well Reply with quote

after 20 odd years the paint condition is probably poor anywayz. Just blend it out as best you can. Chances are if there's much fade it'll be on the tops anywayz.

cheers
mooch
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT#WHAT?? H.C.G.F Reply with quote

what are you talking about. what i was saying makes sense dude. eg. you have a red gem, sitting out in the sun all the time....ok. by now its probably pink...ok. if you go and get the original red colour from the engine bay made up and touch it up with that you will have yourself one very gay red and pink gem.....OK. why not get some pinky colour made up that is the same colour as the car already is??? correct me if i'm wrong but i think you are better trying to touch up a pink gem with pink paint and not the original red paint cos it will be DARKER.
all agree??????????
makes sense to me cos if you touch up a car you only paint certain sections. when you go to the panel beaters have you noticed they copy the present colour of the car cos why paint a car the factory colour if it has faded over time and is more pail.
sorry about the long post but i thought the comment you made was rediculous.

baz
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT#WHAT?? H.C.G.F Reply with quote

yea dude thats fair enough, but paint doesn't fade that much, ok there is a few exceptoins to that, and as u said it also depends on what colour the car is, if its been resprayed, and how good it has been looked after. im not sayin that your wrong dude, just that there is 2 ways bout goin about it, both ways work, but it is very hard to match faded paint, and i bet u the first thing they will do is look at the paint code for a base of startin unless they are really bloody good at colour matchin, and it aint that easy man trust me, im an apprentice spray painter, i've seent that many shades of white it ridiculos.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: car paint colour URGENT#WHAT?? H.C.G.F Reply with quote

you're more likely to see the paint flatten of than change colour all together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: