HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

clunk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: clunk Reply with quote

what is the clunking noise i have in my car when the car bounces up and down. it supposedly happens to a lot of geminis and i cant find where its coming from. could be the suspension? i was told it could be the muffler bouncing underneath. had a look underneath and found it could be the rubber washers in the swaybar?
i am stumped cos you hear it from one side, look under there and then it sounds like its coming from the other end of the car.
help please
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: clunk Reply with quote

it could be any of your rubbers, (swaybar, control arms etc). it could be your balljoints or springs.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: clunk Reply with quote

probably all of them. i can get a good set of lowered pedders susp. for $150 (all four + springs)so i might consider getting them cos i have the feeling that they have been working pretty hard under my car for a while.
i will check everything else when i get my car up on that big lifter thing at the servo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: