HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

1800 dohc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trippo
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: 1800 dohc Reply with quote

Currently have a 1800 twincam motor running efi with a wolf 2d computer. Just wondering if the 1800 block is the same as the 2000 block, I think it is, but ..... Are the heads the same? I gather the crank and rods are the same, therefore the same stroke. Anyone wish to agree?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1800 dohc Reply with quote

umm

not an expert... might want to ask gem these questions he races those motors and knows his stuff

i know that putting a 1800 head onto a 2000 block is a straight swap with the dohc motors and ill increase compression and the 1800 heads have a better shape to them (what i have been told dont quote me)

as far as i know the stroke is the same its just the bore that makes the difference

hope that helps somehow

great motors i rekon
Trippo
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 dohc Reply with quote

1800 dohc, they are great motors. Shame the chain guides are impossible to get! This thing of mine, while not the fastest or best motor out there screams. Rev limiter is set on 9200rpm and the scariest thing is that the thing is still pulling! $$$$$$ - too much! Thanks for the reply and info. Cheers.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 dohc Reply with quote

do you race yours or is it in a street car?

to make it rev that hard you must have done some work to it?

what mods have you done?

(very limited info on these motors i have found, or at least on how to make them go better!)
Trippo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 dohc Reply with quote

Only a street machine that nearly turned into a club rally car but due to the dollars it never happened! Cams and headwork are the areas to concentrate on, should I say spend money on! Compression is a big factor as well, as for specs, don't know. I gave the motor to some old shagger who reckoned he'd raced them, anyway, threw a lot of cash at him and put the thing together, put it in and I reckon it had at least double if not double and a half more power when standard. He reckoned the Cams were so big that only EFI could be run, they were too lumpy for carbs, don't know. Shes got some compression though, its fairly boggy below 4000rpm, but thats what you get I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: