HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TF to a TG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: TF to a TG Reply with quote

How easily can tfs be converted to tgs as in with the front(lights grill)doors and all the macanical workings.
I was considering buying a tf but i want a tg and ive got a tg to swap the parts over with,would it work.
one more thing this tf has a minor dent in the roof on the side, can that be easily fixed?
any help would be great

jas
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

there isnt much difference between TF and TG really

headlights and grill should be a lego style swap far as i know

wont worry bout the doors they are identical

tail lights same as front i'd say
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

basically the biggest difference between the TF and TG is Front lights and grille, these will swap straight over as the TF SL/X had the same lights and grille as a TG, the TG should have retracable seat belts in the rear....
the rear lights and all the panels are identical....

HTH
Matt
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

so tell me all those whose knowledge of geminis is great (ok i'll shut up with the weird talk) is there any quick and easy way to look at a gem and tell if it is a TF, TG Etc.

ps and no i can't just look on the rego or on the metal plate under the bonnet, because i'm talking about cars from the wreckers to get parts out of.

thanks - jemini
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

tf and tg's have a different grill and lights
tg's have the big square lights and the tf's have the small pov looking ones. the tg grill is also just made up of 4 or so lines while the tf one is more square block looking.

many tf's now have tg headlights on them to look like tg's
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

the TE and TF have different grills, i think that the TF n TG grills r the same so that is how i tell, n the TG r easy to tell cos they have the head lights that look like ones outta a VK.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TF to a TG Reply with quote

TF sl/x's have the same grills as TG as far as i know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: