HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BreadVan Defect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: BreadVan Defect Reply with quote

G'day all,

It's been an incredibly long time since I came on for a look - I blame an inherent lack of internet access and 60 hours/week at work. Otherwise, I have no excuse.

Just thought I'd let you all know that the Breadvan got defected three weeks ago just moments after I left work.

I went through an RBT and blew 0.00, as I knew I would. I was then asked to pull over to the side because they didn't like the 'roundness' of my tyres. Damn!

Anyway, I was defected for low tyre tred (only on the shoulders mind you), non standard carb and air filter, oil overflow bottle (CAMS-approved, but not police approved), steering wheel (again) and rust. RUST! The death knell of thousands of Geminis Australia-wide.

Well, the rust has been fixed by a contact and a good job as been done. The Gemini will receive a minor freshen up, but alas, still no new paint.

Inside, the Breader's getting new carpets and seats (TD SL/X - vinyl shoulders and cloth inserts) and that's about it. Why is that all? $$$$$$$$$$

Rest assurred, I'm not letting the dreaded tinworm get the better of MY Gemini. Name me one other car where you can fang it like a sports car AND sleep in the back full stretch (almost)???? I'd like to know the answer to that.

Cheers people,

Dave
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect Reply with quote

hey dave u still race the breadvan? qanything i should really know or be warned about?
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect Reply with quote

Good to hear form you again Dave, we were thinking you were dead mate. Don't suppose you've had a chance to finish off your fabled Gemini Compendium, with you working 60 hours a week and all. Good luck with the dogs, dont let a little yellow sticker get you down.

Keep up the good work, Simmo.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect Reply with quote

My god a voice from the past

at least you didnt get done for your cut springs and neons and subs and 19inch chromies and 8inch steering wheel and sr20det engine

Smile
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect Reply with quote

nah that was me
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect yet racing on Sunday Reply with quote

Wow, you remember me - I'm touched.

Yeah, I will be racing the Breader this Sunday, defect sticker and all.

I'm allowed to race it defected, but not allowed to drive it to the race, but I missed out on the last two (car stuffed up once and the other time I was really crook) so THIS TIME IT HAS GOT TO BE RACED. I hear it's gonna rain, but I don't care.

Yep, no neons or 20inchers on my car mate. Although the 13" Momo shuttle wheel attracts too much of the wrong attention. Don't laugh, but I wanna get a 94 Barina (non-airbag) steerer - they don't look too bad, they've got the old-school Holden symbol and they chunky and thick, but not too small to attract attention, thankfully.

Besides, the Momo is looking a little worse for wear - I've had it for about 6 years now and it's been on three different cars! (all Gemini panelvans, of course)

No people, haven't spent a lot of time on the Compendium.

Gotta go.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BreadVan Defect yet racing on Sunday Reply with quote

got any info for me about circut racing like safety bits thinking about taking the 1 tunna out on the track
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: