HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

mods to twin cam`

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: mods to twin cam` Reply with quote

what bolt on mods will give me more power to my twin cam 1800?? besides fuel injection
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: mods to twin cam` Reply with quote

Changing the cams will give you more power. I am assuming you are running twin 45mm side drafts. They will also need to be jetted.Fuel injection will not give you any more top end power,it will make the car more drivable throughout the entire rev range.
Checkout my web page www.alphalink.com.au/~gem or e-mail me for more info
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: mods to twin cam` Reply with quote

gem how hard are different cams to get?

i take it i'd need programmable management before i did this because of the different mixtures it would require with the lumpir cam

also extractors... do SOHC extractors fit or will i need to get a custom set made up. I've already got a 2.25 inch exhaust but im really not happy with i think its sucked power away from it with its baffled muffler and cat converter and lack of free flowing headers...

im sure you know already but the factory headers are 4 into a twin pipe.. does this flow well?
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: mods to twin cam` Reply with quote

The easiest way is to get your cams reground. The cam people would build up your cams by welding them and then regrind them.I doubt if you will find any off the shelf.I payed about $500 for both cams a few years ago.Yes go for an aftermarket ecu.
SOHC extractors will not fit. I have the address of a place in Sydney that have a master to make the same extractors that I use 4-2-1 factory works copy Last time I spoke to them they told me about $300
My old race car runs the original cast exhaust manifold but the rest of the system was made to suit my specs i.e length to first collector and so on.If you need any more info contact me .I have a spare set of cams (not for sale) and can give you the grind number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: