HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How do I???????????????????????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: How do I??????????????????????????????? Reply with quote

I wanna take the chrome strips out of the windscreen to spray them but do i have to take the windy out to do so???

i dunno.
i have searched but too much to go thorugh and to be honest i cant be fucked.
hones
bill
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: How do I??????????????????????????????? Reply with quote

You can buy new locking strips for not too many $ rather than spraying the old ones
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

The question was how do i take them out???

does the whole windscreen have to come out??????
bill
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

sorry mate. just start at the split and lift it out of the slot. the windscreen doesn't have to come out.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

Window doesnt have to come out, but, one problem you may encounter depending how brittle and perferated the strip is, it may break when you peel it out.
g'luck
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

i farken got chrome strip, brand new, only $18 for the back, but i didn't put it in when the window was goin in after painting, and it's been gathering dust for like 3 monhts, have tried several times to fit it, but can't manage to get it, i think i'll try when it's hot cos the rubber and strip gets real easy to play with.

chris.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

did you try using some detergent or soapy water?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

did you also try hot water?? Makes the rubber more pliable. Combination of hot soapy water would be ideal
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

I have a source named mr x that it can be hoard to take out and there is danger of chipping the windscreen.
is this so???

and if the strip breaks...u mean snap in half, not that the old cover stoarts to peel off??
thanks guys. might give it a try when i can afford to pay someone to do it after i fuck it up.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: dude, read it with your eyes this time. Reply with quote

THinking maybe ive missed somehting here, you do mean the chrome plated strip dont you??? I seriosuly cant see the big deal. Pop the little joiner off, get a screwdriver under one end and peel it away, easy as that. By breaking i mean the strip literally snapping in half, but yeah the coating will come off, the shit on mine was flying everywhere and fast, pretty harsh if it got you in the eyes.
Theres no way you can chip the windscreen? either side of the strip is the rubber seal? dont think i understand you there.
Basically, just do it mate, the worst that can happen is you snap it. Just go and buy a new one. no biggy
goodluck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: